Gone are the days of needing to access data from various different sources, manually collating information and (inevitably) introducing error. Thankfully, today’s innovative data integration technology allows users to integrate data from various sources into one, easily accessible platform. This ensures effective and timeous collecting, refining, modeling, adjusting, moving, and categorising of different datasets from and across varying platforms.
There’s no doubt that these platforms offer organisations an effective and easy way to manage their data. However, a data integration platform is so much more than an integrated space to store and access data. An advanced data integration platform, like Qlik Data Integration (QDI), will offer advanced technologies for the creation of agile data pipelines.
An Agile Data Pipeline
Agile data pipelines typically comprise:
- A data ingestion framework for the connecting of applications and systems
- Data transport architectures
- Database replication software, enabling the copying and converting of the formats of database objects and data
- Model-driven configuration tools, utilised to design, build, and manage a data lake or data warehouse
- A smart, enterprise-scale data catalogue
The Key Requirements for Any Data Integration Platform
What should a data integration platform offer?
- Cloud-based services that are easily managed and accessible from anywhere at any time
- The ability to extract, transform, filter, aggregate, model, distribute, index, and synchronise data across multiple data stores, both quickly and efficiently
- Deliver low-impact change data capture through log-based change data capture technology, for low-latency data replication and real-time data-ingestion
- Ease-of-use without the requirement of any manual coding, thanks to automated and easily manageable technology
- The graphical user interfaces should be easy to navigate with task-oriented wizards that can simplify configuration and accelerate implementation
- The platform should be cost-effective and should allow for continuous refinement
- The technology must offer scalability and flexibility
- Enterprise-wide monitoring and control of related processes must be established
Utilising the advanced QDI platform empowers users with decreased time expenditure, increased ease-of use, and unfettered access to analytics-ready data. It meets all of the criteria above – and more – ensuring effective operations and informed decision making, based on real-time information.
With the right data integration platform users seamlessly manage datasets from anywhere, at any time, on one, easily accessible platform. QDI affords organisations the opportunity to streamline their data development, creating agile data pipelines. Businesses will have immediate access to real-time analytics-ready data which can be accessible organisation wide. This drives increased productivity, and enhanced, more strategic decision making across the organisation.
For more information about the vast benefits of utilising the Qlik Data Integration platform, please contact Yolanda Bennetts at firstname.lastname@example.org
By Dawn De Raedt
Owner & Founder of RIC Consulting